HF Planners has an immediate need for an experienced, Interior Designer & Space Planner who will take on the management of key academic projects with the goal of delivering every project on time, within budget, and within scope. Projects are related to design, building issues, construction, asset management, and space management.
The successful candidate will be able to drive a project from start to completion and brainstorm innovative ways to bring cost saving ideas or new trends to a project.
- Successfully manage the relationship with the client and faculty
- Development of scope of work
- Implementation of scope of work
- Assist with scheduling of jobs
- Ability to field measure
- Inventory of furniture and building related items
- Ability to put space on cadd
- Ability to space plan with knowledge of ADA and Building code requirements
- Ability to design
- Schedule development for projects (MS Project)
- Budget development
- Finish selection
- Construction document development/review
- Project Management of projects – visit site and coordinate contractors
- Meeting minutes
- Client requested drawings (fire evac routes/IT designation plans)
- Site visits to the client space
- Attend client meetings
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Other tasks as required
- 5+ years planning experience
- Educational background, preferably in the fields of Architecture or Interior Design
- Proven working experience in interior design field
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and AutoCAD
- Must know building systems (electrical/IT/HVAC/sprinklers, plumbing, etc.)
- Facility related projects such as asset management, and space management
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Design skills including Academic projects
- Knowledge of Archibus
- Must know building systems
Proficiency in the use of computers for:
- Microsoft Office programs
- Budget Preparation
- Designer usually works in an office environment but the purpose of the project may sometimes take them to non-standard workplaces and construction site.
- Standard work week but may be required to work some evenings and weekends to meet project milestones.
- We offer holiday pay
- Flexible hours
Send your resume to email@example.com. In order to be considered for this position, you must attach a copy of your resume.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.